Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Something More Than Night Book Review

Something More Than Night

Ian Tregillis

Tor Books;(December 3, 2013)

5/5 Stars

 

           Sometimes the whole is actually greater than the sum of it’s parts.  Something More than Night is that all over.  I was a little uninterested in the noir vibe, I’ve read far too many books in the past year to be all that excited about yet another one.  But I have to say that I weathered the storm because Ian Tregillis is, in my opinion, one of the best authors out there.  I was not disappointed.  The longer the story went on, the better it got and by the end(a deus ex machina ending done perfectly).  I was excited and happy with all that had come before.  I absolutely love this book and in retrospect there isn’t a single thing that I would change.  Even if while I was reading it, I felt like I was suffering.  It was an incredibly fast read and I was usually thinking about reading it even when I couldn’t.  I cannot wait to see what comes next for Ian Tregillis because he has quietly moved from my top ten favorite authors to my top five.  He is in some pretty damn good company.  Sorry birds, I gotta scram now. (I couldn’t resist).

No comments:

Post a Comment