Wednesday, October 30, 2013

The Archived Book Review

The Archived

Victoria Schwab

Hyperion Book CH;

January 22, 2013

5/5 Stars

        While the Archived did come out way back in January.  I know that the sequel is coming out soon so I decided to give it a try.  After all, I was thoroughly in love with Victoria Schwab’s last book Vicious.  So I figured, why not.

         Why not, indeed.  The Archived is an incredible book.  It does Young Adult in a way that I have almost never seen before.  It skirts the tropes and creates instead something better from them.  There are lots of spoilers if I start naming off the things I loved about what the book did, in spite of being a YA title, so you’ll just have to read the book for yourself.  What I can say, is that the author has a created one of the strongest, most believable, 1st person point of views I perhaps have ever read.  Also, she has an incredible second perspective in the 1st person by using her memories of previous events to inform what she is talking about now.  It is absolutely amazing and as far as I know unique.  I would love to steal this but it is impossible.  Because, her signature is all over it.  I loved it.

          By the time I reached the end of the book, I was completely enthralled.  It is not a matter of whether or not I will buy the next book in the series.  It is more a question of how fast I’ll finish it.  For an EXCELLENT YA read you CANNOT go wrong with the Archived. 

No comments:

Post a Comment