Tuesday, October 29, 2013

The Mad Scientist’s Daughter Book Review

The Mad Scientist’s Daughter

Cassandra Rose Clarke

Angry Robot

Pub Date: Feb 7 2013

3/5 Stars

      The Mad Scientist’s Daughter is a beautifully written book.  I was a bit surprised that it was written in third person limited point of view.  As it seemed like the perfect story for 1st person.  But this, I’m sure was the author’s choice to convey some of the scenes of description.  But the more powerful parts of the book definitely derived mostly from it’s emotion and the emotionally charged storytelling that went with it.  The plot was very predictable and while I was glad to see that it ended well.  It was nothing I hadn’t seen coming.  There is definitely nothing new about a person falling in love with a robot.  Or a robot appearing to have or actually having emotions.  But I think that this book was interesting in the way that it interwove some of these themes and devices together.  The author definitely did a good job of describing the world and setting through the storytelling and description.  I never felt like I was being given exposition or setting.  Which is quite and excellent feat considering the genre.  But in the end, I was done with the book long before the book was done.  I hope people who give this book a chance will feel otherwise because it was a well written and I’m sure well thought out book.

No comments:

Post a Comment