Thursday, August 1, 2013

Companions: Sundering Book 1 Book Review

The Companions

The Sundering, Book I

R. A. Salvatore

Wizards of the Coast

Pub Date: Aug 6 2013

5/5 Stars

 

       After reading the last R.A.Salvatore book, the Last Threshold.  It is unlikely any reader could have known what to expect from this book.  Once I embarked on this journey through this incredibly well weaved tale.  I never wanted to leave.  The book takes place in the years leading up to the end of the Last Threshold.  But this book is not Drizzt’s story we get that in the Last Threshold.  This is a story that has been completely hidden from readers up until now.  I would love to tell you more but I found that a good portion of the enjoyment of this book was that feeling of discovery I got from reading it without any spoilers.   As the tears ran down my cheeks in the closing chapters I simply wanted to stay with Drizzt Do’Urden in his world for as long as I possibly could.  But now that it’s over, I have to say that this is R.A.Salvatore’s greatest book to date. I could not have imagined a better book than the Last Threshold.  And here he has imagined it for me.  I loved this book more than I have any this year.  Not just because of what it was, but for what it means to the entire world of the Forgotten Realms and all the stories of Drizzt Do’Urden and friends from now on.  I cannot wait for what is to come…

No comments:

Post a Comment