Friday, August 9, 2013

Ocean at the End of the Lane Book Review

Ocean at the End of the Lane

By Neil Gaiman

William Morrow; First Edition edition

(June 18, 2013)

5/5 Stars

         I had not read really anything about Ocean at the End of the Lane before starting the book.  I do really like Neil Gaiman.  But often don’t think I judge him as highly or as mightily as some people in the critics or authorship professions do.  But I certainly have a fair amount of respect for what he has accomplished and his writing in general.  This is probably the greatest work of fiction I’ve ever read.  If I could have made this a 6/5 star review I would have.  Upon completing the book I immediately wanted to read it again.  Which for me, is a very rare thing indeed.  The only books I’ve ever read more than once are Lord of the Rings and Stephen King’s Dark Tower the Gunslinger.  The book reminded me not only of being a child but of the kinds of things that I used to believe and think about.  Stuff that now seems like something just out of reach.  I would give a copy of this book to everyone I know and I suggest everyone read it.  As a friend of mine used to say,”If you find something wrong with this, there is something wrong with you.”  And perhaps that’s a bit harsh, but it’s my blog so live with it.  Buy this book, read it, you’ll be happy you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment