Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Evil Ernie Volume 1: Origin of Evil Graphic Novel Book Review

Evil Ernie Volume 1

Origin of Evil
Jesse Snyder and Tim Seeley

Diamond Book Distributors

Dynamite Entertainment

Pub Date   Dec 31 2013

2/5 Stars

      As a side note here I would just like to say that I really like reviewing graphic novels and while the site has been a little light on them in the past I’m hoping to do more of them.  If anyone would like to contact me about reviewing their graphic novel please email me at devilsalias@gmail.com.  Thanks…

 

 

              Evil Ernie is a horror based comic that stars a serial killer as a demonic kind of “hero.”  Who is basically just out to do one gorey thing after another until you’re just sick to death of it.  The art is good in places in this six issue volume.  But not anything overly impressive.  I was also a bit put off by the reasoning of the whole book.  I guess there really was none, but I would have appreciated a little more in department of explanation.  Lord knows they had the room to do it.  I suppose that’s my problem with the series in general.  There just doesn’t seem to be enough connective story tissue holding all the gore together to make me care what happens next.  Also, ripping off the Watchmen smiley face button seems kind of poor taste to me.

            I would not under and circumstances purchase this volume.  But if you are a fan of the series, you get six issues, some behind the scenes writing that may or may not appear in the comics.  Also, there are some covers in the back of the volume as well.  All full page and all very well done.  The best thing about this set are the extras.

No comments:

Post a Comment