Friday, February 7, 2014

Deaths of Tao Book Review

The Deaths of Tao

Wesley Chu

ANGRY ROBOT Ltd

Pub Date: Oct 29 2013

4/5 Stars

 

           Having not read the first book in this series made this book all that more impressive to me.  I was coming to the world, characters, and setting completely fresh and the author effortless made me aware of everything that I needed to know to enjoy the story.  This is one of the things many authors struggle with when they write series.  I really loved the characters in this book, both the good guys and the bad guys.  They all were very real and relatable.  For a science fiction novel, this book was incredibly realistic and certainly an exciting read for any reading it seriously.  I truly cannot wait to read the further adventures of Tao, The Prophus, and The Genjix.  My only problem with the book was that it had a bit of a slow start and for a sequel this is doubly strange.  But shortly afterward it certainly found a descent, albeit slow pace.  The story and characters were good enough to save it from it’s pacing.  On the whole the book was very good and I can’t wait to read the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment