Friday, January 3, 2014

Fortune’s Pawn Book Review

Fortune's Pawn

Rachel Bach

Orbit

Pub Date: Nov 1 2013

5/5 Stars

 

        Having just finished Fortune’s Pawn, I must admit the first thing I did was go pre-order the next book in the series.  This book was amazing, but a few things you should probably know in advance: Do you like books like Warhammer 40k?  You will like this book.  Do you like Starcraft?  In any form?  You will like this book.  What about books that have a kick ass heroine who is capable and emotionally complex?  Yeah, you will like this book.  Rachel Bach creates an exciting, interesting world; that I was enthralled with from the beginning.  I was very sad to see the book end.  It did have a good, complete ending; but I can’t imagine anyone reading to the book’s completion and not wondering what happens next.

       The book is well paced and never let’s the reader completely relax for too long.  The characters are so interesting and mysterious that knowing about their back stories is as interesting as finding out more about the story.  There is so much to love in Fortune’s Pawn and I would have to say that the only thing I didn’t like about it was that it ended.  I could have easily read another thousand pages and been happy.  I’ve read so many middle of the road or just plain terrible books lately that a book like this makes me remember why I love Science Fiction and why I started doing this in the first place.

      Now that I’m done gushing, go out and buy this book.  You will be glad you did, in fact, pre-order the next book while your at it.  Because you won’t be able to stop with just one.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment