Monday, March 3, 2014

The Burning Dark Book Review

The Burning Dark

Adam Christopher

Macmillan-Tor/Forge

Pub Date: Mar 25 2014

5/5 Stars

 

          The Burning Dark is an incredibly impressive book that begins a space opera series set in a universe where giant machine spiders are attacking and eating planets.  This is the backdrop for an incredibly well handled ghost story.  I have to admit that I was a little skeptically going into this book just based on hearing about the premise alone.  But after really only a few chapters, I was hooked.  The pacing of the story was excellent, the characters were all well developed and interesting.  The ending was incredibly good and rather unexpected.  I have to say this would make an incredible horror movie.  Anyone who likes space opera or even science fiction will really love this novel.  Probably one of the best books I’ve read this year so far.  Excellent!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment