Monday, March 17, 2014

The Sentinel: The Sundering Book V Book Review

The Sentinel

By Troy Denning

Wizards of the Coast

Pub Date: Apr 1 2014

5/5 Stars

 

       As someone who has been a big fan of Wizards of the Coast and before that TSR fiction.  I have to say that I was more than a little thrilled to be reading another book by Troy Denning.  He is truly one of the best authors that Wizards has working for them.  This book is definitely a prime example of truth of that statement.  From the beginning there is no time to sit around and consider the world or what’s going on.  The beginning was fast paced, but never made you wonder what was going on for too long.  The changes in point of view were timely and interesting.  Also, he used Sune, Cyric, and Helm; as the gods focused on in this book.  Which are totally new to the Sundering series and a refreshing change from the norm.  The book was wonderful and I loved the characters.  I was very sad to see it end.  But the end was extremely well crafted by answering all of our questions and hoping there might be more down the road.  I was never bored with this book and it is so far my second favorite book in the series.  The Companions being my favorite.  Even if you have not been following the Sundering at all.  There is no need to start from the beginning, although that would be my advice.  You could easily start from here, this book tells you everything you need to know to enjoy the series and the book itself.  I would highly recommend anyone who loves the world of Faerun reading this book.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment